CasPiancey is a Mission Focused Dude
There have been a lot of difficult events in the world this year: Bitcoin isn’t at new all times highs, Brock Pierce is running for president, and we’ve accepted the fact that this country is heading for a disaster of Biblical proportions — Old Testament, real wraith of God type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, oceans and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together — MASS HYSTERIA.
Everyone is asking the question about how CasPiancey should engage in broader societal issues during these creepy, ghost-ridden times, while keeping our teams united and focused on the mission. CasPiancey has had its own challenges here, including Slimer in our server room . I decided to share publicly how I’m addressing this in case it helps others navigate a path through these challenging times. I can say that calling The Ghostbusters was the right move.
In short, I want CasPiancey to be laser focused on achieving THE MISSION, because I believe that this is the way that we can have the biggest impact on the whole entire fucking universe. I will do this by playing chess and being transparent about what my mission is and isn’t.
Here’s a shortlist:
- my mission will get us to Mars
- my mission will cure cancer
- my mission won’t hurt anyone
- my mission won’t bring any bad into the world ever
- my mission will help everyone in poverty
- my mission won’t hit you up in DMs and ask if you’re “dtf”
- my mission will include me playing a lot of chess
- my mission won’t send dick pics
Play as a championship team
During difficult times I think it’s important to go back to the guideposts we’ve established, like, mission, and values, stuff like that, priorities and other things, I dunno.
One of the tenets of the CasPiancey culture document is to play like a championship team. What does this mean?
- The first tenet of a championship team is that no one talks about the championship team.
- The second tenet of a championship team is fight club.
- The third tenet of a championship team is make money.
- That’s it. That’s all the tenets.
Through this lens, we start to have a glimpse of a solution. A championship team doesn’t want to win, it needs to win. In fact, it knows that if it doesn’t get that goddamn championship there will be irreparable damage. Do you understand? DO YOU HEAR ME?
Always be closing
There are many places that a robo- ahem, totally human person can choose to allocate its limited time and resources. There is never enough time to do everything, so robo- people need to choose what change they want to see in themselves and focus there. It can take centuries or millenia to move the needle on galactic scales. But that’s why we’re working on the new Light Speed Space Elevator Protocol.
At CasPiancey, I say that we will always be closing. What does this mean? It means coffee is for closers.
We focus on the things that help us achieve our mission:
- Get to Mars quickly and easily.
- Cure cancer. Easy.
- Just be a good dude or whatever.
I focus minimally on causes not directly related to the mission:
- If someone yells my name and they’re like a block or two away I ignore them.
- When someone asks me for money I always say “No.” Even to my very best friends.
- Poor people and poor people accessories can be ignored because that isn’t in the mission guidelines.
Why am I mission focused?
It has become common for other people, like my boss or my mom, to try to tell me what to do, and it’s like, dude — THERE’S A MISSION GOING ON HERE OKAY? Christ, pay attention.
The reason is that while I think these people do pay me to do things, like work and clean, those two things aren’t MISSION FOCUSED, and the truth is I have LASER LIKE FOCUS ON THE MISSION. We’ve seen what internal strife at companies like Enron and WorldCom can do to productivity: the Ponzi stops working. I believe most people don’t want the Ponzi to end and also want to go to Mars and also hate cancer, so I’m making progress toward an important mission.
What even are morals or ethics? Are they real? It’s hard to say. And that’s all I have to say about that — but also, my morals and ethics are the best because of my LASER FOCUS ON THE MISSION.
If you want to work for me, please just give me all your cash instead.
MISSION FOCUSED LIKE A LASER,